Mission: Brazil Joao Pessoa
Entered the MTC on: December 15, 2010
Release Date: December 2012

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Letter from August 15th, 2011

My week was pretty good. Me and my comp are really getting along well. We are working really hard and at the same time we are having a lot of good laughs too, which makes things a little bit more enjoyable and the time go by a little bit faster. By the way, I finally got yours and Grandma Hancock's packages!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sending that stuff - I know it wasn't cheap, but it will help me a lot here haha. Tell Grandma H that I said thanks with a big hug:) I have already eatin almost a whole thing of peanut butter. It is so good!!!!!!!!!! Well me AND the Brazilians that I live with have been helping me (haha). They just love it when us Americans get packages.
This week had a lot of ups, but some downs at the same time. I know that this is the work of the Lord, but Satan works too. We had a baptism marked for this past Saturday for a young girl. We had passed by there alot and her parents were really cool and had no problem with her getting baptized. They even signed the baptismal record saying she could be baptized. But, Saturday morning when we went to talk to this girl she wasn't home, so we called her cell phone and she was at her aunts house. Her aunt took the phone from her and started yelling at us saying how she wasn't gonna get baptized and how she was Baptist. So we went and talked to her dad to see what the deal was and he just was completely different. He wouldn't even say why they wouldn't let her get baptized. I think they just heard a bunch of bad stuff about the Church and then changed their minds. So that really sucked.
But at the same time, we marked at least one baptismal date every day this week which was legit. And we have one man who is super duper excited about his baptism which will be this Sunday. Of course since I was the new missionary in the ward, the Bishop asked me to speak at the last minute. In my first area they never called me because they knew that I was new, but here it's different. I think that will be the first of many talks that I will give.
Things are going really good here. Me and my comp are kicking butt and taking names (for baptisms that is-haha). Much love and thanks for everything!! Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment