Mission: Brazil Joao Pessoa
Entered the MTC on: December 15, 2010
Release Date: December 2012

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Letter from October 17th, 2011


This week was good. On Saturday I officially hit my 10 month mark in the mission. I am officially in the double digits. This coming week will be transfers.  I am really hoping that I will stay here in this area. I'm liking it a lot here and there is a lot of work here that has to be done. And now that I know where mostly everything is makes it a little bit easlier. I don't want to have to learn where everything is again. But, I think that both me and my companion will stay here, but you never know - sometimes President does some pretty crazy things with transfers.
 
This past Wednesday was a holiday here in Brazil.  It was Children's Day (ha ha). The Church put together a way cool activity and everything with food and games. So we went there to eat lunch with everyone. They ended up renting a trampoline for the kids to jump on and everything. So, I got there and I just wanted to jump on the trampoline so bad.  So, I  waited for all of the little kids to get off and they said that I could get in.  It was awesome!!  It's been so long since I have jumped on a tramp. It was funny because the whole Church was there watching me and cheering (ha ha).  I did a couple of back flips and front flips and some aerials for them.  It was cool, and my comp took a sweet pic.
 
Yesterday the bishop asked me to give a talk, so I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting. Here in this area I have 2 chances to give talks.  Maybe I can dodge a bullet and not have to talk in the first meeting, but only in the second. I thought it went pretty well.  I talked about enduring till the end and some things that help us endure like daily scripture study and prayer and going to church every Sunday. I don't know if anyone was paying attention, but I thought it went well. We had a couple of our investigators that went to Church, so we will see if we can get a couple of people "dunked" this week. But, things are going really well. The only thing that's rough is the heat, but I am pretty much used to it now. It's just my face that will always be red (ha ha).  I hope that all is good and well with all of you and that you have a great week.  Much love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment