Mission: Brazil Joao Pessoa
Entered the MTC on: December 15, 2010
Release Date: December 2012

Monday, July 25, 2011

Letter From July 25, 2011

"I hope you're prepared to hear about one of the best weeks of my mission! The first couple of days of the week were nothing special just normal days of the mission life. But Wednesday was an awesome day. First of all, we went to the kids house that we baptized last sunday, Romario. He told us, "Hey, I've got something to tell you." We asked him what? Then he just went off about how thankful he was for us and how much we had helped him in his life. He told us a little bit about his past life and the things he used to do. He told us about why he was baptized and the answers to his prayers and stuff. He told us about how it sucked that we would eventually get transfered and how he didn't want us to forget about him. As I was sitting there listening to him say all of this i was just like WOW this is so awesome. In that moment I was seriously so happy it was ridiculous. I just thought to myself, this is what makes the mission all worth it - moments like these. I was seriously so happy. Then right after that we went and visited Gorete and her family who live up the street. She is the woman that Elder Gilliland (the assistant to the president) and I found when we went on splits. We had her baptism and the baptism of her youngest marked for last Saturday. We went there to talk to the rest of the family because she has 3 sons and 1 daughter. So we went and visited them, and in the process of visiting them, we marked the baptisms for her other two sons as well. As you can see by the photo, we baptized Gorete the mom, Bruno the oldest boy, and Richel the youngest. We would have baptized Lucas (the other son) as well, but he got pretty sick at the last minute, so we will do his baptism some time this week. But it was just an awesome week. We had 3 baptisms and 4 people received the Holy Ghost yesterday. I couldn't help but smile. I was so happy. It's these kind of weeks that get you through all the rough parts of the mission."

No comments:

Post a Comment