Mission: Brazil Joao Pessoa
Entered the MTC on: December 15, 2010
Release Date: December 2012

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Letters from September 14th & 21st, 2011

September 14th- 2011

As you know, this week was transfers. And............. pack your bags - you're headed to Natal in Rio Grande do Norte. So, I switched capitals. Right now I'm in my new area with my new comp Elder Bandeira. He is REALLY new. He only has 2 months in the mission so he has only been in the area one transfer.  Needless to say, this could be interesting (ha ha). I personally don't think I'm prepared for this, so keep me in your prayers because I will need all the help I can get. It kind of stinks having to leave the area that I had just barely gotten to know and all of the people that I know there. But, I'm excited to be here in Natal.  It should be really good. My last comp was really bummed that I had to leave. He told me that I was the best comp of his entire mission which was really cool. We had a lot of good times together. This past week was really good. We had a baptism which is always way cool. I forgot my camera at the house, so I will have to send the pic next Monday on
p-day.  That's pretty much about it for this week. I will email again this Monday with more news on how things are going and all. Love to everyone!

September 21st- 2011

That is so cool that I'm an uncle again!!!  It will be crazy by the time I get home to see all the new kids and how big that they will all be. Well, I have been here a couple of days and I still have no idea where I am (ha ha).  We actually take care of 2 areas.  One is closed, but we still work there. So, we have a really really really big area to work with. We are going to have to work a lot with the members and get their help or it's gonna be really difficult. Also, as we work in 2 wards, we have to go to 2 blocks of meetings; one at 8:30 in the morning and the other at 3:00 in the afternoon. So a lot of my Sunday's will be spent at the church in 6 hours of meetings.  We had an investigator family that went to church this past Sunday.  They need to get legally married so we are going to try to help them with that.  That is one big problem here in Brazil.  There are alot of the people that just live together that aren't legally married.
We had zone p day today, but we didnt even get to go. My companion and I got a phone call and we had to wake up at 4:30 this morning to go to Joao Pessoa to  have interviews with President Hall.  We just got back like 5 min ago.  So pretty much my whole p day was spent traveling, but it was worth it talking to President.  
That is so cool that dad pulled out the "W" on Show Low.  He is just the man!I  I hope that win doesn't rank above our State Championship though (ha ha). The new nephew is so tiny.  Tell Jessie that she spelled Chase wrong and that it is
with a "c" (ha ha).  I hope that you all have a great week. Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment