Mission: Brazil Joao Pessoa
Entered the MTC on: December 15, 2010
Release Date: December 2012

Friday, February 3, 2012

December 12th and 19th, 2011

December 12th, 2011
 
These past couple of days have gone pretty well.  My comp has what we call "greenie fire" (ha ha).  He just wants to work like mad, which is really good.  The only thing is that he doesn't speak hardly anything.   So I have to talk to everyone all day long AND translate for my comp into English at the same time.  So, I get a little tired sometimes because it's a lot of work.  But, my English is getting better.  I should be speaking pretty good English by the time that Christmas comes along.   But, things are going pretty good. We had a Stake Conference yesterday that was a satelite transmission from Salt Lake City.  We had a Seventy, a sister from the Relief Society, Elder Cook, and Pres. Henry B. Eyring talk.  It was really good.  It was funny listening to the Relief Society lady because she was talking in Portuguese, but you could tell that her native language was Spanish.  I felt a little bad for my comp because he wasn't understanding anything that they were saying.  But, even in this  short amount of time his Portuguese is already getting better.
 
I forgot to tell you a joke last week - I had a healthy young boy.  He weighs 250 lbs and is 6ft 3in (ha ha).  But that's about if for these past couple of days.  This coming week we will have our Christmas conference with the other missionaries. I think that I will get to see my trainer, so I will send you our 3 generation pic (ha ha). Love you and hope you all have a great week.
 
 
 
 
December 19th, 2011
 
Last week we had our Christmas conference with all of the missionaries from this state. It was pretty cool. We had a great spiritual part in the morning with lunch and then we played games all afternoon.  It was a whole lot of fun. I'm trying to send some pics, but this computer is being dumb so I'll have to send them later. Then last Thursday as you know was my official year mark. It's tradition when you hit your one year that you burn a shirt. So I found an old missionary's shirt and lit it on fire. We got some pretty cool pics too. Then we went home and went to bed. All in all Thursday was a great day.  Then I got a little sick that night and had to go to the bathroom a couple of times during the night. Turns out when I woke up that everyone in the house was sick. Then I got a call from the Zone Leaders and they said that almost everyone was sick. I don't know what it was but something that we ate at the conference was bad and pretty much all of the missionaries got sick. Even President Hall was sick. But, after that day I got feeling better again and now it's all good.
 
My new comp is speaking the language better and better everyday. Here in a little bit he will be fluent. I really like him a lot.  He is way funny and always makes me laugh with his comments. I am learning more and more everyday being with him. He is a great guy.  Maybe you will even see him this Saturday when we Skype for Christmas.  I am also learning how to play the recorder now. It's cool!!  Would you have ever thought that I would know what a flat and sharp is? Well, I do now (ha ha)!!  You just gotta love the things you do in the mish. Well hey, I'm gonna wrap this thing up. I hope you are all well and cold (ha ha) - and excited for this Saturday to talk.  Much love - daqui em pouco.

No comments:

Post a Comment