Mission: Brazil Joao Pessoa
Entered the MTC on: December 15, 2010
Release Date: December 2012

Friday, February 3, 2012

Letter from January 18th, 2012

So, I finally got  my email back!!!!!  I don't know what's better - talking to you guys for a little bit longer at Christmas or being able to email you every week (ha ha).   Well, there sure has been a lot of things that have happened in the last couple of weeks since I was able to email you.  The one kid who got sick Christmas Day did get baptized a couple of days later and then confirmed the following Sunday.  We also had 2 miracles happen.  First was with J.  He is the husband to a lady in our ward. Everybody was a member of the Church except him - his wife, kids, in-laws - everyone was members and have been for 9 years.  So we were trying to work with him and everything, but he wasn't really wanting to talk to us much.   I even told my comp "this guy will for sure be baptized, but I just don't think I will be able to see it".  Well, a miracle happened and the Lord opened up his heart and he came to Church the next Sunday and told us that he wanted to be baptized!!  So we put it all together and baptized him. Now everybody  in that family is members. The next week he was confirmed and another miracle happened. Another guy who has  known the Church for 3 years now came to us and told us that he wanted to be baptized as well.  Really - 2 miracle in 2 weeks.  This is really something that I have never seen or even heard of.
 
Another cool experience was my comp had an earache/infection.  It was really hurting him a lot. So, he asked me to give him a blessing.  In the blessing  I felt the prompting to say  that he would have no more pain. He said a couple of minutes later his ear wasn't even hurting. It's experiences like these that really show the power of the Lord and the priesthood. I have truly been really blessed. 
 
As you said it is transfers today as well. I got transfered to Rio Tinto.  It's a pretty small branch here, but it should be cool.  My new comp is Elder H.  He is from Washington. I was really sad to leave my last area because the members were great and we were starting to have success. But what can I do??  It is what it is I guess.  I was sad to leave my comp especially.  He is a great kid and I really enjoyed training him. Well, that's pretty much it for now.  I'll email you here on Monday again and let you in on more deatils about the new area.  Love you all.  It's good to be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment