Mission: Brazil Joao Pessoa
Entered the MTC on: December 15, 2010
Release Date: December 2012

Monday, March 19, 2012

Letter from March 12th, 2012

Well Hello!!  Sounds like another busy week for you guys as well. This week was almost like Christmas for me (ha ha).    On Tuesday our ZL's went to Joao Pessoa, so of course they got all of our mail.  First off I got the package from Chris and Lauren that was just full of great stuff and I was just so happy. The package didn't have a return address, so if you could, can you please send them a note telling them that I thank them so much.  Then I got your guys package as well that was just full of a bunch of great stuff as well. I am addicted to playing the recorder now. I don't even care that it is like the simplest instrument to play (ha ha).  It is a lot of fun.  I still have to practice a lot, but I am getting pretty good at reading the music and everything now which for me, a guy who never played anything in his life, it's awesome!  Also, I got that letter from Elder Davis (I think is his name).  Sounds like the Elders over there are having some pretty good success which is good to hear.
 
This week was pretty much the same as they always are. It's getting really hot and the rain is starting to fall as well. If you can find an umbrella for me, I would greatly appreciate it. The rainy season is gonna start here in the next month or two and then it's going to pretty much rain everyday.
 
We had some of our investigators at church yesterday.  We have a young woman who, if her parents give us permission, we should baptize her.  Just the whole permission thing is gonna be a little bit difficult.  Then pretty much all of the other people that we have need to get married first. Pretty much here in Brazil out of every 10 families, 1 is legally married. So it's really difficult here. Tomorrow we are going to have Zone Conference in Joao Pessoa.  Each member of our Zone has to memorize a certain paragraph and prepare a 5 min talk on how we can apply this to our teaching. I have to memorize the 3rd paragraph which is the 2nd largest paragraph. So, we will see if I get chosen tomorrow to talk or not. And, I will be getting mail as well! So, we will see if any young ladies have written me!!
 
Yes, I finally made it to the single digits in months left.  That's pretty crazy!!i  It seems to go by so fast and so slow at the same time (ha ha).  But, it is a once in a life time chance, so it's all worth it. But, I love you all.  Give everyone a great big hug and kiss for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment